Microsoft had proposed creating an office space on the 5th floor of the former Compuware Building that would inspire, motivate, and empower their team following their decision to relocate their Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) tenants from their Southfield, MI office to downtown Detroit, MI.
PBA was brought on board to provided MEP engineering design services for the renovation of the 5th floor of One Campus Martius. After having had developed the building’s original MEP design in conjunction with the former Compuware building’s design-build contractors, PBA was intimately familiar with the existing underfloor air distribution system, the electrical and communication zone distribution system as well as the building’s infrastructure. Intense integration with Microsoft’s technology platforms and security needs, including several specialty consultant’s – and integration with the innovative interior design of Neumann Smith Architecture - was in important element in the success of the project.
PBA had also provided engineering design services for floors 8-12 tenants, including Quicken Loans and Meridian Health and for other miscellaneous tenant improvements. 75% of the office space is dedicated to the customer-facing Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) with the remaining 25% being dedicated to employee use.
Centurion Medical Products considered its 40-year history in Michigan when selecting a site for their new corporate headquarters building. The family owned business chose the 37Learn More →
The extensive renovations of Continental Kitchen Services, a catering organization in Metro Detroit, included a complete gut and rebuild of an existing office/lab space.Learn More →
Like what you’re reading? Check out our MEP engineering team openings.